To support APL Producer Members and ensure the greatest numbers of industry participants are available to attend the event, the PPPE Committee will pay the cost of travel and accommodation for those members attending PPPE 2018 (up to the allocated funding cap).
Those Members who booked their tickets prior to 16 April were eligible for attendance support packages in which their flights and accommodation were booked by APL to minimise out-of-pocket expenses.
Members registering after 16 April are still entitled to attendance support, however it will be via reimbursement up to a capped limit, instead of booking through APL.
Members booking their PPPE tickets after 16 April 2018 will be reimbursed for travel and accommodation (as per the guidelines outlined below) upon submission of a valid reimbursement form and associated tax invoices.
Members should be aware that financial assistance will be offered on a first come first served basis, up to the limit of the total allocated for travel and accommodation for the event.
This financial assistance does not include the cost of access passes/registration fees, as this cost is incurred by the member.
- Working off amount of levies paid by Members in the last financial year, the following support is available to a member who paid a levy amount:
- in excess of one million dollars. This entitles this business to bring up to 10 representatives including the member.
- of between $400,000 and up to $999,999. This entitles the business to bring up to 8 representatives including the member.
- of between $100,000 and up to $399,999. This entitles the business to bring up to 6 representatives including the member.
- of between $50,000 and up to $99,999. This entitles the business to bring up to 3 representative including the member.
- of between $15,000 and up to $49,999. This entitles the business to bring 2 representatives including the member.
- of between $3.25 and up to $14,999. This entitles the business to support for one representative.
- Additional tickets may be purchased by the individual however the travel and accommodation for these people will not be supported financially by APL.
- Allocation and allowance for two days’ accommodation is given for those members who travel from Western Australia, South Australia and Tasmania. All other states are given one night’s supported accommodation.
- Any individual who wishes to stay an extra night outside their allowance may put their requirements to APL but will be responsible for settling the account for that night’s accommodation. We understand that emergencies occur from time to time, however any individual that changes their flight arrangements after the initial booking will be responsible for all fees incurred.
- The members support for PPPE is allocated on a first in first served basis. Once the allocated support funds have been spent, no more support packages will be offered.
- The APL PPPE Committee has the right to refuse Member support on the grounds of:
- Improper behaviour by that Member/s at previous PPPE’s
- Abuse of the privilege of member support by supply of false and misleading documentation over stating a claim for reimbursement.
For example: where three people stay in a three bedroom apartment. Reimbursement is based on the apartment as a whole not each individual claiming reimbursement. On nearly all occasions the particular individuals are from the same company so member support funds would be paid to the company/business or the particular APL member who represents that company/business. Reimbursement will not be to individuals within the company.
APL Producer Members will be reimbursed to the level of the least expensive accommodation APL has booked for members which is the classic studio apartment at $140.00 per night.
Producers Members from NSW, Queensland and Victoria are entitled to one night’s funded accommodation up to this amount and APL Producers Members from Tasmania, WA and SA are entitled to two nights’ funded accommodation up to this amount per night.
Where people claim for accommodation that is not booked by APL they will be reimbursed to the level of the least expensive accommodation APL has recommended. In 2018 the least expensive accommodation is the classic studio apartment @ $140.00 per night.
Producer Members are entitled to attendance support for return airfares (or kms to and from the Gold Coast if driving), however it will be via reimbursement up to a capped limit, outlined per state below.
||Total reimbursement amount for return flights/km driven
In the event that a number of individuals travel in the same vehicle only the owner/driver of the car is eligible for claiming mileage.
Completed reimbursement forms must be submitted by 3pm AEST on Friday 29 June 2018, with relevant tax invoices attached. Forms received after this time will not be processed.
Please note: Financial assistance will be offered on a first come first served basis, up to the limit of the total allocated for travel and accommodation for the event. To this end, we encourage you to submit your completed reimbursement forms (including tax invoices) as soon as possible after the event.
Download the reimbursement form